Whenever I head into the High Country or NSW Snowies with my 4X4 mates, we pack spare sets of CV Shafts for the IFS equipped vehicles. Changing broken CVs out on the track isn’t an uncommon experience, particularly with vehicles that have a few miles on the clock and some tough trips under their belt.
But it’s not just tough tracks that kill 4X4 CVs. CV boot failure, either through wear or foreign object puncture will see a CV Shaft’s bearings and bearing cage quickly run dry and start clicking on full-lock or under power and that means a replacement is going to be needed sooner rather than later.
If you’ve ever tried buying genuine CVs for your vehicle, you’ll know that dealers will want an arm, a leg and your firstborn child as a down-payment, but dealers, thankfully, aren’t your only option when it comes to replacement CV Shafts. Roadsafe has us all covered with their recently released range of CV Shafts to suit over 180, yep you read that right, 4WD applications.
Roadsafe’s 4WD CV Shafts are supplied complete to include all necessary hardware and are guaranteed to fit correctly as per OEM specifications. The range also includes Heavy Duty (externally greasable shafts) compatible with 76/78/79 Series, plus a key range of shafts modified from the OEM design to ensure cage alignment promoting good strength and wear characteristics on lifted applications.
Roadsafe 4WD CV Shaft features:
- CV joints machined accurately and precisely with hardening where required.
- High torsion steel axle shaft with a protective coating to prevent corrosion.
- All rolling components, race and ball tracks precisely machined to ensure smooth and quiet operation and long life.
- All splines hardened and machined to OEM specifications.
- High quality neoprene CV boots fitted with quality stainless steel clamps.
- Top quality long lasting moly grease used in CV joints.
Now, Roadsafe are a wholesale supplier to the 4WD industry, so if you want to get your hands on a set of their CV Shafts, tap this link to find a local retailer.